Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Life Remembered


Tomorrow I am driving up to Auburn to attend a funeral for Grandpa Joe Volek. GP Volek, John's dad, was one of the kindest, most loving men I've ever known. He always had a big smile, a bigger hug and always a word of encouragement. He was married to Grandma Rita for 62 years and was a supportive father and grandfather to John, Vicki and all 3 Volek kids. (Joe, Heather, and Billy) He served our country in World War II as part of the Navy and worked for the Auburn post office afterwards. Grandpa Joe loved to support his family by attending their sporting events and I cherish the memories I have sitting through many a football game with him and Grandma Rita close by. It didn't matter how cold or hot or dry or wet it was, if there was a game Grandpa Joe was there. He was one of those people that you just loved to be around because he always made you feel special and loved.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet tribute. You do justice to a beautiful man with beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete