Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Empty Nest

I am at that stage of life that has been described as the "empty nest" and I am not certain I like it much. Actually our nest isn't empty as Alysa is living with us during her first year of college. Her moving in with us was an answer to prayer in many ways and I'm thankful she wanted to live with us. Ashley is just down the street (Cedar Avenue) and I'm lucky that I get to see her almost every week. She is busy,busy, busy with school and work. Amanda lives down Highway 99 (Turlock) and I was blessed to be able to attend every home volleyball game this past season. I recognize how blessed I am to be this close to all 3 of my kids but.... I still miss them. I miss when they were little. I miss when life was so chaotic and crazy that I wasn't sure I'd survive. I miss the intense noise level that is certain to occur when the five of us are together. To those of you who have little kids I know that it is hard to believe that time will fly by but trust me--- time will fly by. Before you know it your kids will be off to college and you'll wonder where the time went. So enjoy every moment with them.

For me, I love my memories and I anticipate the special ones yet to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment