Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's my DOG- No It's my DOG

So I was subbing yesterday and part of my day was spent on the playground with a bunch of cute 1st and 2nd grade students. A very cute little dog (not the one pictured) appeared on the other side of the fence and of course, the kids ran to him. I explained to them that he probably belonged to someone who lived close by and he would be fine. I tried and tried and tried to move them away from the fence and interest them in something fun like kickball, the swings, anything other than the stray dog who may have had RABIES. They were a very persistent group of kids and kept insisting that he was lost and that I should do something. They begged me to call someone, to let him in the playground, to take him home.. You get the idea. Once they recognized that I wasn't going to give in they then attempted to convince me that the dog belonged to numerous students. One little boy was certain that the dog had followed him all the way to school. (please note the school is probably five miles away from his house) After he lost interest, a little girl made her way and was certain the dog belonged to her. This patterned continued as three other "adorable" kids tried to convince me of their puppy ownership. I think the dog finally realized I wasn't caving and so off he went to cross a very busy street and hopefully head to his little home. As he crossed the street all I could think was "great the dog will probably get hit by a car and these kids will be traumatized by the sub who wouldn't do anything to help." Thankfully he made it across safely! The whistle blew and recess was finally over. I finished my day and hopefully didn't scar any of these kids for life!





2 comments:

  1. Lisa! That was MY dog! Why didn't you call me to come get her?! I am so offended that you didn't help! We were on our morning walk from Vacaville to Fresno and she escaped from her leash...whew, glad she made it back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been looking all over for Woofies! Peyton will be so relieved to have found him. . . oh wait, Peyton's dog is invisible.

    ReplyDelete