Friday, August 12, 2011

The Garden is Growing!!!!

The garden is growing... Not quite yet enjoying the fruits of our labor. Ok, mostly Bruce's labor but you get the point.

The first cherry tomato appeared tonight.  I tried to take a picture of the cute, little, green cherry tomato but my camera is about a gazillion years old so you'll have to believe me.



The bottom plants are carrots and the big leafy (taking over the garden) plants are my favorite-PUMPKINS!  I've joked that I'm going to have my own pumpkin patch and offer field trips for the little kids of WCS.  Ok, I realize that one row of pumpkins does not a pumpkin patch make but I love my pumpkins.  Bruce has threatened to pull some of them out because they will probably take over our garden.  I'm just a big fan of pumpkins.  Think pumpkin spice latte and you'll have a smile on your face.  (Yes, I also realize that my pumpkins have nothing to do with a pumpkin spice latte)


These are my dwarf sunflower plants.  I can't wait for the actual flower portion of the plant to appear.  I don't really understand nor know how to explain the joy I experience when I check the garden first thing in the morning and then again when I get home from work.  There is something very fulfilling in growing a garden.  There is a certain sense of accomplishment when the little green shoot pops up through the dirt. 

Who knows what my next blog update will reveal about my love of our garden?  Check back in a week or two and maybe, just maybe, I'll have more than one cherry tomato to brag about....

No comments:

Post a Comment